Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Oxon
Type: Small Animal
Location: Oxon, Oxfordshire
Practice Type: Well-established small animal practice in South Oxfordshire, surrounded by lovely countryside yet only 10 minutes from the city of Oxford and an easy commute to London. Their group is made up of four surgeries with the main surgery in Abingdon where their dedicated night service is located. They have their own dedicated out-of-hours service and all their sites are RCVS accredited and have an excellent range of equipment.
Team Info: They have a supportive team of Veterinary Surgeons, Registered Veterinary Nurses, Student Nurses, Animal Nursing Assistants, Receptionists, and Admin Staff. They encourage the sharing of ideas and contributions on a clinical, and administrative level.
Facilities: State-of-the-art equipment with in-house Idexx lab, x-ray, ultrasound, and endoscope all come as standard.
Role: They are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their well-established team
Duties: They have a varied caseload, and the role includes general nursing duties, anaesthesia, radiology, ultrasonography, and hospital inpatient care as they are a 24-hour emergency care provider.
- The role is a 40-hour week over 5 days with 8-hour shifts,
- 1 in 5 weekends Saturday and Sunday with TOIL for weekends worked.
- There is no OOH work as have a dedicated night team who covers this.
- Bank holidays are on a rota basis.
Salary: The salary will be up to £29,000 p/a depending on experience.
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £500 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
• All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -092023-29591
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details