Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Oxon
Type: Small Animal
Location: Oxon, Oxfordshire
Practice Type: Well-established small animal practice in South Oxfordshire, surrounded by lovely countryside yet only 10 minutes from the city of Oxford and an easy commute to London. Their group is made up of four surgeries with the main surgery in Abingdon where their dedicated night service is located.
Team Info: Their day team consists of 7 vets, a mix of qualified and student nurses along with ANA's, reception, and admin team. They have a separate night team.
Facilities: State-of-the-art equipment with in-house Idexx lab, x-ray, ultrasound, and endoscope all come as standard.
Hours: Full-time, 5 days a week with daytime weekend work on a rota basis
Salary: Competitive Salary of between £20,000 - £25,000 p/a (DOE)
CPD: 3 days and £550 CPD allowance per annum
Fees paid: RCVS and VDS cover
Holiday: 4 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays (Service based holiday entitlement increases)
Other benefits: Excellent and extensive benefits available
- They are a nurse training practice and actively encourage the nursing team to develop their interests and skills and are always looking at the best ways that they can care for patients and clients.
- They ensure that their highly trained nurses use their skillset to their full potential and are looking for someone who shares this ethos.
- They want to provide well-rounded care for patients and nurses are at the forefront of this. Not only on a clinical/surgical front but by bonding with clients and patients at health checks, discussing nutrition and behaviour, being advocates for cat-friendly and fear-free handling, and above all being an approachable and friendly individual.
- They pride themselves on working as a team with an honest and open mentality and these are core values.
- Excellent communication skills are a must and a good sense of humour goes a long way.
Ref: JN -092021-22087
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details