Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse, Peterborough
We are working with a small animal practice that are looking for a forward thinking, driven and enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team. The ideal candidate will be joining a growing practice just east of Peterborough.
This practice serves a bustling market town in the Cambridgeshire fens, 30 minutes from Peterborough. There has been a Vet practice on this site for around 40 years, and they’re proud to continue this tradition. They care for dogs, cats, birds, exotics and small furries. As a local Vet they look after a variety of pets in the region, including the guard dogs at Whitemoor High-Security Prison!
They’re a friendly, helpful, established team who are passionate about animal welfare and health. With an experienced Vet and Vet Nurse team they are pleased to be approved under the RCVS Practice Standards Service.
With opening hours on Saturdays and Sundays, and ample car parking, they’re easy to visit and here for clients and their animals whenever needed.
As well as five consult rooms, they have two theatres, a prep room, isolation ward, x-ray and heated kennels. They also have modern in-house lab equipment including endocrinology, haematology, viral screening and urinalysis which allows them to many of the tests needed quickly ourselves. They can also perform ultrasounds. They have a separate dog, cat and exotics isolation and kennelling facilities.
The Role and Candidate:
Our client is looking for a forward thinking, driven and enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse. The ideal candidate will be excited to join the team in a busy and growing small animal practice, helping to deliver a high standard of nursing care to patients and exceptional service to clients.
Your standard working hours will be full-time with an average of up to 45 hours per week including participation in a weekend and bank holiday rota. This is a full-time permanent position although part-time requests will be considered.
Who are they looking for:
- An enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse who is passionate about delivering high standards of nursing care to patients and driving exceptional client care throughout the practice.
- Someone clinically confident eager to encourage and develop the student nurses.
- Someone who is keen to continue their own development in any chosen field
- Flexible approach to working hours to enable delivery of a high standard of nursing care to patients.
- Hold an appropriate nursing qualification and be currently registered with the RCVS.
- Salary of £18,500 - £25,000 p/a dependant on experience
- 5.6 weeks annual holiday including bank holidays
- £600 CPD allowance with more funding available for relevant qualifications
- No out of hours work
- RCVS fees covered
- Health shield cash plan
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
Ref: JN -052021-20459
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details