Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Reading
Type: Small Animal
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Practice Type: They are an RCVS accredited, reputable, Small Animal practice, based in Reading. They are close to both vibrant city and the beautiful countryside, with great transport links into central Reading, Windsor, London, and the surrounding area.
Facilities: They have great facilities which include digital dental x-ray, Doppler ultrasound, video endoscopy, Idexx lab, ECGs, slit lamp, iCare tonometry, HDO. All of which allows them to provide excellent care to a diverse range of clients.
Team: Their close-knit team is currently made up of 3 vets, 4 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Student Veterinary Nurses, an outstanding client care team, and a practice manager. As a practice, they also work for the local CP, RSPCA welfare assist, RSPCA inspectors, and Blue Cross.
Role: They have an exciting opportunity for a confident Registered Veterinary Nurse.
- Their current shift pattern is working 40 hours over 5 days per week, with a combination of both early and late 8-hour shifts, however, they can be flexible for the right candidate.
- Weekends are 1:4 on a rota basis
- No out-of-hour duties!
Duties: Your general day-to-day nursing duties will include; theatre work, medical nursing and nurse clinics, and helping with reception if there is a need. They will also support you in additional responsibilities such as student nurse training if this is an interest.
- Their ideal candidate will be a confident and enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse.
- You will be dedicated to providing stellar service to both clients and their pets.
- Competitive salary of up to £26,000 DOE p/a dependent on experience
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -032022-24548
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details