Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Sheringham
Type: Small Animal
Location: Sheringham, Norfolk
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: Their premises are fresh and new, with large consulting rooms, large waiting areas with separate cat, dog, and nurse appointment areas, and a big emphasis on fear-free and cat-friendly principles throughout the team. They are always updating and refreshing equipment and are always keen to hear of any new pieces of kit people want to champion within the practice. All of their team are invested in providing the very best level of care to each patient that walks in the door, and because of this, they have a very loyal and friendly client base.
Team: The practice has certificate holders (dentistry and surgery), as well as RVNs undergoing extra qualifications in their chosen areas of interest. You will be supported by a team of 4 other vets, as well as 5 RVNs, 1 SVN, 1 ANA, and a host of wonderful support staff.
Role: They are looking for another Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their brilliant and experienced team.
Duties: No two days are the same and your responsibilities will include nurse clinics, theatre shifts, kennel shifts including lab testing, and maintenance. They see a really interesting mix of cases, with a really good proportion of their clients insured, making investigations or referrals more feasible options
- Ideally, this part-time role is working 20 hours per week, Mondays & Tuesdays but they are happy to be flexible for the right candidate.
- You will work on a rota basis with shifts between 8 am – 6:30 pm, with occasional cover on Saturday mornings in the event of holidays and sickness.
- There are no OOH responsibilities, but there will be a weekly, paid inpatient duty for stable patients that they deem safe to keep overnight, although this is uncommon.
- A neighbouring hospital covers their OOH and weekend inpatients.
Support: They provide support to all team members is a really important ethos they all maintain, and regular nursing meetings are held by their fantastic Head Nurse to discuss ongoing clinical and non-clinical topics.
- They are looking for a qualified registered veterinary nurse who is keen to join them, and just like them, will continue bringing excellent care to pets in North Norfolk.
- A desire to continue maintaining excellent team well-being is a must, along with maintaining top clinical standards and continuing the development of the practice.
- A real team player who will happily support other colleagues while continuing to make the practice a valued part of the local community.
Salary: Up to £31,000 (FTE) p/a depending on experience
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee well-being, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
Quality Improvement Programme
- Professional Memberships
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -052023-28681
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details