Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Watford
We are currently working on behalf of an independent practice in Watford, this is looking for an RVN to join their friendly and supportive team.
This is a large, busy, and forward-thinking practice with a patient-focused ethos. Their practice is well established and has been providing first opinion Veterinary Services, and Veterinary Nurse training for many decades.
They have a diverse team of RVNs with a wealth of interests and experience to share. Their Nurses are well respected within their team, and work closely with their Vets to ensure the best possible care is given to their patients. They are a training practice and pride themselves in ensuring that all of their Nurses are trained to a very high standard.
The Role and Candidate:
The role is to join a team of 7 Vets, 10 RVNs, and an experienced team of Auxiliary Nurses, and admin staff.
- This is a full-time role where you will be working 38 hours per week with varying shifts between 8:00am and 4:30pm, with one longer shift until 8:00pm per week
- The weekend rota is only 1:4.
- They employ night staff to look after their in-patients.
- Their out-of-hours is mostly covered by VetsNow, but they do provide cover on Saturday and Sunday daytime.
Applicants should have good practical skills and an ability to use their own initiative when working alone or as part of a team.
The practice is offering a competitive salary DOE plus a benefits package that includes:
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -112021-23185
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details