Permanent Roving Veterinary Surgeon - Newport
Type: Small Animal
Location: Newport, Wales
Practice Type: The group has 10 sites and 25 FTE vets across South Wales, with the main clinic acting as a key hub for surgical and medical cases. There is a genuinely brilliant caseload and a great opportunity to work towards a certificate if desired.
Facilities: Their surgery has all the usual toys, including an ultrasound scanner, endoscope, k-lazer, a well-equipped in-house laboratory, multi-parameter, tonopen, digital x-ray, and dental x-ray.
Team: They have 25 FTE vets across South Wales. In their practice, you would be working alongside a team of up to 8 vets, 5 registered veterinary nurses, plus student veterinary nurses and a well-experienced reception team.
They have a number of certificate holders within their group which includes diagnostic imaging, surgical, medical, and dermatology, enabling them to offer a strong support network.
Role: They are looking for a Roving Veterinary Surgeon to join their Group situated in South Wales. The role of this vet would be to run vaccine days and potentially routine neutering clinics out of a couple of sites to help with the increased number of new registrations and to take the pressures from the teams.
Hours: The position is full-time across a 4 day a week Monday-Friday with rota to be confirmed.
Shifts: The shifts will be 9 am-6 pm and there are no weekend or OOH requirements.
- The successful candidate will be MRCVS and be competent in routine health checks and neutering.
- Ideally, you will have experience working in small animal clinics.
- In addition to your excellent clinical and communication skills, you will need to be a people-oriented person, who is willing to support your colleagues.
Salary: The salary range is up to £65,000 p/a depending on experience.
- 5 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service-based holiday entitlement increases
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
Ref: JN -032022-24537
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details