Permanent Specialist Veterinary Surgeon - Leeds
Role: Permanent Specialist Veterinary Surgeon - ECVS/ACVS/RCVS
Type: Small Animal
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Practice: It is our clients' mission to make specialist surgical care more accessible. Their specialist surgical teams are up to date with the latest surgical techniques, and routinely carry out highly complex surgeries, enabling them to confidently take on the most challenging cases. They have fixed pricing, and everything they do is backed up by a unique Surgical Complications Guarantee that covers any complications arising from surgery within 6 months of the procedure.
Team: You would be joining a team of two diplomats (1 ECVS and 1 ACVS), one ECVS residency-trained clinician, and one experienced certificate holder. The surgeons are supported by 4 surgical interns, 11 RVNs, and 3 animal care assistants.
Hours: The position is 4 days per week with 1 in 4 weekends on call.
Weekends/OOHS: In line with rota
Duties: This Specialist-led Surgical Referral Hospital offers a wide range of Orthopaedic, Neurosurgery, and Soft Tissue procedures. They are looking for an ECVS/ACVS/RCVS diplomat surgeon to join their expanding team and work at the highest level in a relaxed, friendly, and supportive environment.
- They are ideally looking for an ECVS/ACVS/RCVS diplomat although they would consider a surgeon who has completed a residency.
- The surgeon should have a positive outlook, good interpersonal skills, and the flexibility to integrate into the team whilst also encouraging team progression.
Salary: Between £100,000-£150,000 p/a - dependent on skills, experience, and certification level
• Up to 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
• 6 days of paid CPD leave
• £2000 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
Ref: JN -042022-24806
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more details
Call: 020 3941 0957