Permanent Surgical Veterinary Surgeon - Ashford, Kent
Type: Small Animal
Location: Kent, Ashford
Practice Type: Tier 3 RCVS accredited hospital with an amazing array of facilities.
Facilities: The hospital benefits from on-site CT, Kyon TPLO/TTA kit plus ALPS plates, upgraded ultrasound (Imotek 3), and Karl Storz scopes (gastroscope, bronchoscope, arthroscope, laparoscope. Many of our vets and nurses are embarking on advanced certificates including ECC, Medicine, Anaesthesia, Surgery, and Diagnostic Imaging.
Team Info: They have a total of 12 vets across three sites, with up to six vets in on one day at the hospital. At present with have 18 RVNs (both full-time and part-time), four student nurses, and two kennel assistants.
Role: They require a budding Veterinary Surgeon to join their team, complementing their PgCert (SAS) holder and other veterinary surgeons to offer surgical services to clients in South Kent.
Hours: The role is 4 days per week with shift patterns from 8 am-6 pm, 9 am -7 pm, 10 am-8 pm and a duty inpatient shift from 11 am-9 pm.
Weekends: 1:7 weekends with time off in lieu.
OOHs: No primary out-of-hours cover, just cover of inpatients with dedicated night nurses on site.
- They are looking for someone with clinical experience with at least one year of in-practice veterinary experience.
- Attainment of a surgical certificate [BSAVA PgCertSAS, CertAVP (GSAS) or PgCert (SAS)] or near completion of a certificate would be ideal and experience in orthopedics and/or laparoscopy would be ideal.
- Additional clinical interests can be supported through our high hospital and branch caseload.
Salary: Competitive salary - dependent on skills and experience
- 5 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service-based holiday entitlement increases
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Plus much, much more
Ref: JN -092021-22270
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details