Se4rch Veterinary Specialists are working with a large multi-specialty centre in the East Midlands who are recruiting for a Cardiology Clinician to join their team.
Permanent Veterinary Cardiologist - Derbyshire
Type: Small Animal
Practice: They offer specialist services in anaesthesia, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, oncology, soft tissue, and orthopaedic surgery, neurology, ophthalmology, cardiology, exotics and dermatology, and on-site hydrotherapy and physiotherapy. The state-of-the-art hospital provides 24/7 veterinary care, supported by a dedicated night team. They work closely with the University of Nottingham, with the veterinary students rotating through first opinion and referral services.
Facilities: Include 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards, 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite (with CT and MRI), 3 ultrasound rooms, interventional radiology and cardiology capabilities, an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool, and treadmills and dedicated chemotherapy & radio-iodine treatment rooms. They have a GE Vivid 7 cardiac ultrasound scanner and a new Vivid E95 scanner.
Team: The cardiology team comprises a recognised specialist, an experienced RCVS certificate holder, and a dedicated cardiology nurse (who is studying for the VTS cardiology qualification).
- A specialist or residency-trained cardiologist is required to join our established team.
- A referral clinician who is ready for something exciting and new, with the passion and skills to care for patients, customers, and colleagues alike and be an integral part of a truly multidisciplinary team.
- Provide the opportunity to support teaching and research interests and the chance to inspire the next generation of veterinary professionals.
Hours: The working hours are generally Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 6 pm plus on-call rota. Part-Time and Full-Time applications are considered.
Weekends/OOHS: In line with rota
- Required skills and experience include, Diplomate of the ECVIM or ACVIM in small animal cardiology or completed an ECVIM-CA or ACVIM approved residency, full range of interventional cardiology capability.
- Desired skills and experience include peer-reviewed publications and a CPD delivery portfolio at recognised events, a proven track record in interventional procedures, and previous experience in teaching.
Salary: Excellent salary that is reflective of skills, experience, and certification level
Benefits: Extensive benefits available - full details will be discussed in the interview.
Ref: JN -092021-22258
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details