Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Andover
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join the friendly team of small animal Vets who are driven to provide patients and clients with an exceptional level of care.
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Location: Andover, Hampshire
Practice: Part of a group
Team: They have 11 Veterinary Surgeons who make up 8 FTE roles. The Vet team has a vast amount of experience across all fields and is very supportive of one another. They have multiple certificate holders within the vet team in dermatology, small animal medicine, acupuncture, and Western Herbal Medicine.
The nursing team comprises 10 Registered Veterinary Nurses. Also, have 2 Student Veterinary Nurses and 2 Animal Care Assistants.
The Support Team comprises 11 members of the team who make life easier for all by managing all non-clinical aspects of the practice.
Facilities: The practice comprises 5 consultation rooms, a separate dog and cat waiting area, a dedicated ultrasound room, a preparation room, an x-ray room, 2 theatres, dog kennels, a cat ward, and an isolation ward.
Hours: The rota is very flexible and both full-time and part-time candidates are encouraged to apply. The weekend work is Saturday mornings from 8:00 am-12:00 pm on a 1 in 4 rota, plus one 10:00 pm check on a Friday night on a 1 in 8 rota. There are no out of hours with this role.
Sole Charge: Yes
Branch Work: TBC
Applicant Requirements: Ideally, our clients would like a candidate who has a desire to extend their skill set and grow within their chosen area, is a team player, has a good sense of humour, is comfortable with sole charge, and someone who is happy to support the younger Vets too!
Salary: Up to £55,000 depending on experience.The e salary will be up to £57,000 pro-rata for
Benefits: Excellent Package that includes -
- 5 weeks plus bank holiday plus birthday leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopedia provide
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control ProgrammeQuality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pension membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Discounted allowance
- Relocation allowance
Ref: JN -062022-25632
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details