Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Arbroath
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Team Info: Currently they have two Clinical Directors, an experienced Vet, and a 2nd-year graduate and they're looking to expand our team. The practice has 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses who now run their own clinics, doing nail clips, post-op discharges and examinations, blood pressure monitoring, and blood sampling. They also have 3 Student Veterinary Nurses, 3 FTE Receptionists, an Animal Care Assistant, and a Practice Manager.
Facilities: This is a well-established practice with branches in a market town and the historic seaside town of Arbroath, both within easy reach of mountains, beaches, and the bright lights of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, and Dundee.
Both clinics are equipped with iM3 dental machines, digital radiology, and Idexx biochemistry, and haematology equipment, as well as fully equipped operating theatres.
Role: They are looking for an experienced small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. The role would suit an experienced clinician who is ready to take on more responsibilities and help to develop the skills and knowledge of more recent graduates, as well as their own or a recent graduate looking to enhance their knowledge and experience.
- People are at the heart of everything that they do, and that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
- They work a 4.5-day week, 40 hours per week with Saturday mornings shared on an equal rota.
- There are no out-of-hours.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established team. If you are looking to specialise, they can provide that opportunity, whether you would like to study for a certificate or offer specialist services or treatments.
- They have varied surgical and medical caseloads and you will have clinical freedom to follow your own cases with daily opportunities for operating.
- They operate and consult in both sites every day so there is a varied caseload throughout the day.
Salary: They are offering a salary up to £50,000 p/a depending on experience plus a relocation allowance up to £5,000
- 6.8 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -012024-30422
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details