Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Barnet, Hertfordshire
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Location: Barnet, Hertfordshire
Practice: They are a busy 24-hour hospital with a varied caseload. They have fantastic facilities including x-rays, dental x-rays, laparoscopic equipment, hydrotherapy, a full range of endoscopes, and ultrasonography.
Team: Currently, they have a team of 15 Veterinary Surgeons, 17 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 7 Veterinary Care Assistants, a Reception Team, and a Practice Manager. Their Vets have certificates in Cardiology, Surgery, and Small Animal Internal Medicine. Our Nurses also hold certificates in Anaesthesia, ECC, and Exotics.
Job Description: They are looking for a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. Duties will include consulting and operating but this will differ throughout the working week.
Hours: The rota will involve working 42.5 hours per week over 4 days. The shifts range between 8:30-19:30 with weekends being on a rota basis. Shift patterns will vary, with some earlier finishes on some days.
Branch: Yes, Branch work will also be required.
Applicant Requirements: They are looking for a qualified Veterinary Surgeon who has experience being in sole charge with a Nurse or Veterinary Care Assistant. The candidate must also be experienced working in a hospital environment.
Salary: The salary will be up to £50,000 depending on experience.
They also offer great benefits which include (subject to pro-rata):
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -022022-24206
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details