Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
Type: Small Animal
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
Practice Type: Part of a group
- They are a well-established and popular small animal practice that works to the highest standards.
- They recently benefitted from a full practice refurbishment, so they are very modern and well-equipped.
- Their practice boasts X-ray, ultrasound, laser therapy, and in-house blood facilities.
- They have a loyal client base that helps them provide detailed workups too.
Team: You will join a team of 3 vets with a wealth of clinical experience, 2 RVNs, an SVN, a kennel assistant, a receptionist, and a Practice Manager. They also work very closely with their sister site so there is a great support network in place with lots of opportunities to learn.
Role: This is an excellent opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our client's friendly team.
Duties: They see various caseloads enabling you to split your time evenly between consults and operations with medical and clinical freedom to work up your cases as well as sole charge work. They can see a fair amount of dental work as well as cases with patients with arthritis and hyperthyroidism enabling regular case workups with their IDEXX lab station.
They also have a visiting cardiologist who comes when more complex cases arise which means the practice vets can be more involved in building their knowledge and skillset in this area.#
Support: They fully encourage and support you to pursue additional certificates, so if there is a cert you have your eye on or even in the midst of – let them know and they will be happy to support!
- Their standard hours are 38 hours per week over 4 days
- Plus 1:3 Saturday mornings
- They are happy to tailor this to your needs and could consider various aspects of flexible working patterns
- There is also NO OOH with this role!!
Salary: The salary for this role is up to £75,000 p/a depending on experience.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD leave (pro rata for part-time)
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -092023-29602
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details