Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Bedford
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Progressive, certificate encouraging and supportive independent SAVH
Facilities: They are approved by the Canine Hydrotherapy Association, are Gold Standard members of the Rabbit Welfare Association, an ISFM Cat-Friendly Clinic and are an RCVS-accredited Small Animal Veterinary Hospital with the Practice Standards Scheme.
Role: Are you a Small Animal Vet looking for an opportunity to grow and develop your skills in a friendly, well-established independent SAVH, where your contributions are valued and your development is encouraged? This might just be the position you’ve been looking for!
Hours: This is a full or part-time, permanent position, working up to approximately 40hrs per week over 3,4 or 5 days. Saturdays are 1-in-4.
Role Purpose: GP small animal – first opinion. They are looking for someone who would also be happy to:
- Actively contribute to practice meetings
- Mentor other vets
- Be involved in protocol development
Person Specification: The successful candidate must:
- Be keen to develop and progress their general practitioner small animal skills
- Be enthusiastic about supporting team development and mentoring of new grad/junior vets
- Have natural warmth and empathy, and get a genuine sense of satisfaction from helping others
- Be self-motivated and dedicated but have fun too
- Want to provide a high standard of veterinary care
- Be a problem-solver
- Recognise when to ask for help and has the confidence to do so
- Shows natural resilience and stays calm under pressure
- Remains patient flexible and adaptable
- Show a fair degree of courage
- Be someone who would like to contribute to the development of our business
- Be a team player and is prepared to help colleagues
- Be proactive and creative in coming forward with new ideas
- Be fully registered with the RCVS and eligible to work in the UK
- Improved ultrasound skills – adrenals, pancreas, FNA guided biopsies.
- Diagnose and treat pericardial effusions
- Take and interpret ECGs
- Perform blood transfusions
- Treat and manage more complex medical cases
- Be confident with chemotherapy protocols
- Unsupported pyometra, splenectomy, enterectomy, enterotomy, gastrotomy, caesarean, enucleation, tail and digit amputations, thyroidectomies.
- Perform full-mouth dental extractions.
Salary: Basic starting salary £35,000.00-£60,000.00 (commensurate with experience)
- RCVS annual retention fees
- VDS cover
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave including Bank Holidays (pro rata), rising by 1 day per 2 full calendar years (up to a maximum of 5 days)
After successfully completing 6-month probation
- BUPA Healthcare (corporate scheme). After 5years of continuous employment, the practice pays your monthly subscription
- Contribution toward gym subscription
- Contribution towards Petplan pet insurance
- Discounted professional veterinary fees
- Generous annual CPD allowance. Further development is encouraged and nurtured!
Ref: JN -062023-28869
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details