Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Blackburn/Burnley
Type: Small Animal
Location: Between Blackburn and Burnley
Practice Type: This is a three-branch group that is all within a short distance of each other providing the local area with the highest standards of patient and client care.
Team: They have a fabulous team of 8 Veterinary Surgeons, 7 Registered Veterinary Nurses, and 8 Support staff all with a wealth of experience and are looking forward to welcoming their new team member into the fold.
Role: They are currently looking for a confident recently graduated Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly and longstanding team due to an increase in clients on their books.
- Working full time, 40 hours per week
- 4 days per week with a regular day off
- Working hours 0900-1900
- Saturdays on a shared rota, working 1:4.
- No Out Of Hours and a weekday off in lieu for working the weekend
- They are looking for a friendly, confident, and enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to deliver the highest standards of patient and client care, keen to join a practice and bring their own ideas.
- The position would suit a vet enthusiastic to work up their cases with support from their experienced colleagues.
- An area of interest would be beneficial and encouraged, and the certificate pathway could be explored and supported for the right candidate.
Skills/Exp: Their ideal applicant would have previous experience in a small animal practice with a confident approach and be keen to offer gold standard care to our clients and bring their up-to-date knowledge.
Salary: Salary up to £40,000 p/a DOE
Benefits (subject to pro-rata):
- Up to £5000 relocation allowance and up to £1500 welcome bonus
- 5 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service-based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
Ref: JN -032022-24527
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details