Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Borough of Ribble Valley
Type: Small Animal
Location: Borough of Ribble Valley, Lancashire
- The area has great transport links and is within 1 hour of Manchester and Liverpool airport and you can be in London within 2hrs on the train.
- Lancashire has a good mix of rural vs city, and it boasts some of the best-hidden gems of walking country and a broad selection of traditional pubs
Practice Type: Part of a group - they are a 19-branch practice situated across Lancashire.
- They have 6 operating branches in addition to their main RCVS accredited hospital
- All their branches are accredited by the RCVS under the Practice Standards Scheme.
- they are a well-equipped multi-site practice with a CT scanner, Endoscopy, Digital X-ray, Dental radiography, and multiple surgical suites as well as an onsite hydrotherapy centre.
Team: Their core senior team is made up of certificate holders in Medicine, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, and Surgery and they actively encourage and support Certificate study. They have a talented team of 25 Veterinary Surgeons, 15 Registered Veterinary Nurses, and 5 Animal Nursing Assistants.
The Role: An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Vet Surgeon to join their team.
Branch Work: Although based at one site, there is the option to travel to up to four other branches to assist with consults, however, they are flexible and open to discussing the best options that work for you.
Support: They are dedicated to offering career development opportunities for all of their people including support for those who wish to pursue a certificate. They want to underpin their commitment to career development by investing in their people to be the employer of choice for all veterinary professionals in the Lancashire area
Hours: They recognise one size doesn’t fit all and they have both full and part-time Vet Surgeon opportunities for the right candidate across the North West region.
- They have flexibility regarding rota options, including part-time opportunities, and would be keen to work with you to accommodate the pattern you need.
- Their core opening hours are 8.30 am – 6.00 pm Monday to Friday
- 11 am to 4.30 pm on Saturdays.
- They work in partnership with Vets Now to provide the out-of-hours service however occasional cover may be required which is paid at an enhanced rate.
Salary: Competitive Salary of up to £60,000 p/a (DOE)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -062022-25394
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details