Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Bourne
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: Both practices are equipped with digital radiography (recently purchased and upgraded to DR system), ultrasounds, endoscopes, and in-house blood testing equipment. We also have good-sized theatres and consult rooms for our varied first-opinion cases. The Spalding branch has very recently been refurbished to a high-spec finish.
Team: The friendly team comprises of 3 Veterinary Surgeons, 4 experienced Registered Veterinary Nurses, 3 Nursing Assistants, and a full team of Receptionists.
Role: They are looking for an enthusiastic, empathetic, and skilled Veterinary Surgeon to join the small yet busy team at the Practice. The successful candidate will be confident in all first opinion duties and comfortable with sole charge on occasion. You will be joining the well-established team of 3 Veterinary Surgeons; the role is hugely varied and will include consults and operating daily and caring for the very loyal and friendly client base. This position is split over two sites in Bouse and Spalding with 75% of your time spent in Bourne however this is negotiable to a certain extent depending on your requirements and personal circumstances.
Hours: They are in the fortunate position to be able to offer a mix of rotas to accommodate all working patterns including working mums and dads with a school-friendly rota. For context, their full-time rota is 40 hours per week across 4 days, with 1:5 Saturdays 8:30 am – 12 pm. No bank holidays or out-of-hours are involved.
Applicant Requirements: They are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon who is comfortable with sole charge on occasion but also confident in all first opinion duties. You should have good communication skills and be able to listen to both your team and your clients. Animal care should be at the forefront of your mind.
Salary: Up to £75,000 p/a (DOE)
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via a Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -092023-29750
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details