Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Bourne, Lincolnshire
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time or part-time Veterinary Surgeon to join a friendly and supportive team in Thurlby and Market Deeping.
They are a first-opinion general practice, primarily small animal, but they do have an exotics department with potential development in this area. Some duties can include but are not limited to, consulting, operating, in-patient care, and general case management where continuity is actively encouraged.
This role is open to both full and part-time applications with the full-time rota being 40 hours per week across 4 days a week between Monday and Saturday with 1 night a week on call for hospitalised inpatients (inpatients are cared for by night staff and call-outs are rare). Vets Now see all overnight emergencies and cover Saturday nights, Sundays, and Bank Holidays. They take a flexible approach to rota patterns and we are open to discussions around this on both a full-time and part-time basis.
They have 8 Veterinary Surgeons, 7 RVN, 6 SVN, 4 VCA, 7 support, ECC and Ophthalmology certificate holders, and 2 recent graduates. They have an excellent level of experience to support all stages of your career and are also a nurse training practice so teaching and learning are embedded in their culture. The team are welcoming, supportive of one another, and genuinely pull together. They work hard but are social too - their parties are fantastic!
Salary up to £65,000 dependent on skills, experience, and further qualifications, pro rata for part-time. Plus, up to £5,000 relocation bonus is negotiable .
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities
• Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
• All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -042023-28617
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details