Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Carlisle
Type: Small Animal
Location: Carlisle, Cumbria
Practice Type: Part of a group
- An opportunity exists for you to join our clients' lovely clinical team in a practice keen to keep key clinical skills in primary care practice, providing excellent care to patients and clients.
- They run in-house healthcare plans which can provide both routine (preventative) and nonroutine (accident and illness) care for member animals. They want to maintain a team of veterinary surgeons who share our desire to collectively develop and maintain a broad range of medical and surgical skills within the practice. We share our knowledge and skills but ensure all team members can explore and develop their own interests.
- The usual diagnostic aids are available (digital x-ray - standard and dental, ultrasound, video-endoscope, an in-house laboratory with biochemistry and haematology machines), all of which allow you to investigate your patient’s problems and then guide the owner through the various medical and surgical options.
Team Info: Their friendly team of vets is supported by five excellent RVNs together with an animal care assistant, SVNs, and wonderful front-of-house colleagues
Who they are looking for:
- Their ideal candidate would be an experienced small animal Vet.
- They’re looking for a compassionate, caring Vet who is a good communicator and is keen to develop long-term relationships with clients and their pets.
- You’ll be a team player but also able to act on your own judgment and make decisions when needed.
Role: They’re looking for two enthusiastic and caring vets to join their amazing team!
Hours: They are looking for a full-time and a part-time vet. They will consider all levels of experience as finding the right person is most important. The out-of-hours rota is on a 1:4 basis, allowing a great work-life balance and giving you plenty of time to enjoy the nearby Lake District, which is just 15 miles away, and the Scottish borders just 8 miles away.
- They have 15-minute appointments and are proud to be an RCVS and Gold Compassionate Understood accredited practice. They are also a Gold Standard Cat-Friendly Clinic and are working towards being accredited by Investor in the Environment.
- Yes, they do their own OOH work, but being a small practice this is not onerous and any work done is financially remunerated. They work a set rota with consistent days and duty nights, and a weekend every month, but they are all flexible about swapping if needed.
Candidate: They are looking for a compassionate, caring vet who is a good communicator and is keen to develop long-term relationships with clients and their pets. You’ll need to be a team player but also able to act on your own judgment and make decisions when required.
Salary: The salary on offer will be dependent on experience and hours worked but between £35,000 -£50,000 FTE including out-of-hours.
- They are delighted to be part of the larger groups, who offer a generous CPD budget, they encourage and will fund further study to certificate level for the right candidate.
- They have two vets working towards certificates and for any new graduates, you would be part of the Group Grad Scheme and they are ready and excited to support you through your GDP
- Five weeks paid leave (plus bank holidays)
- RCVS fees & one veterinary subscription paid.
- Healthshield Policy.
- Pension with Legal and General.
Ref: JN -062023-28979
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details