Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Colchester
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group - RCVS accredited, two Veterinary Surgeon soon to be three, small animal practice in Colchester.
Facilities: They have excellent direct digital x-ray, high-quality ultrasound, endoscopy, and IDEXX blood machines.
Team: They have one full-time and one part-time Veterinary Surgeon, four qualified Registered Veterinary Nurses, and one Student Veterinary Nurse. They also have three Receptionists and one Veterinary Care Assistant. They also have regular visiting specialists including a sonographer, cardiologist, and an orthopaedic surgeon.
Role: They are looking for a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. The position involves carrying out consultations, working up cases, general surgery, and basic imaging.
- The ideal candidate will be confident with routine consultations and surgery and happy with occasional sole charge.
- All applicants must be RCVS registered.
- They encourage and support the development of special interests in all areas of small animal practice including certificates.
- An OV qualification would also be desirable but not essential.
- They are looking for a kind, enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to become a part of their lovely team.
Hours: They are looking for a full or part-time Veterinary Surgeon and there is flexibility with the working days. The rota involves working 2-4 days per week, 20-40 hours per week however shift patterns can be negotiated. FTE would be 4 x 10-hour days and 1 rest day. The ideal candidate would participate in 1 in 3 Saturdays and there are no out of hours required.
Salary: Competitive - From £60,000 p/a dependant on experience (FTE)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -012022-23741
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details