Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Colchester
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: The Veterinary Centre is situated in Colchester which has just been awarded city status. They are only an hour away from London, 45 minutes from Stansted airport, and on the doorstep of the coast and the Suffolk countryside so life outside of work can be enjoyed to the full! The practice is a lovely mid-sized family-feel practice. They are small enough for the team to all know each other well but large enough to offer enough support for everyone. They also have the added benefit of frequent visiting specialists in orthopaedics and cardiology allowing for great case continuity. They have all the normal gadgets such as digital X-rays, ultrasound, in-house blood machines, and a lovely new dental machine.
Team: The practice consists of 4 Vets, 4 RVNs, 2 VCAs, and 5 support staff including a wonderful practice manager.
Role: The Veterinary Centre is seeking an enthusiastic veterinary surgeon to join the team on a permanent basis! This role is suited to a small animal vet who is confident in surgery, diagnostics, and consulting and would appreciate working within a close-knit team.
Hours: The vets usually work between the hours of 8 am – 6.30 pm and most choose to work their hours over 4 days, however, they are happy to accept both full and part-time candidates, they can offer great flexibility within this role as they understand how important a good work/life balance is. There is a share of 1:4 Saturday morning rota (until 12 p.m.) but no OOH requirement.
Salary: Up to £75,000 depending on experience
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -102023-29813
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details