Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Cornwall
Type: Small animal
Location: Liskeard, Cornwall
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They have five small animal surgeries so there may be a requirement to work out of any site. However, it is important to them that this is kept to a minimum for continuity of care and working up of cases. Each site is fully equipped for diagnostics and surgery. All in-patient care and overnight hospitalisation are carried out at our Lostwithiel surgery where we have 24-hour on-site RVN nursing care.
Team: They are a large clinical team and have a wide range of experience so lots of clinical support is available. The RVN team is experienced also with a wide range of skills. They offer referrals in behaviour and dermatology. They also currently have team members with further qualifications in or working toward surgery, emergency medicine, dentistry & ophthalmology.
Role: They are looking for a Small Animal Vet - General Practitioner or with special Interests to join the friendly and supportive team
Applicant Requirement: With a large team they can support and develop a range of experience so anyone from recent graduates, through people looking to develop, to others with many years of experience looking for somewhere to use those skills could be great for them – they are open-minded about this. To them, it’s more about the person having the same team spirit, striving for high clinical standards, and providing support to others that are important. For this reason, they expect input into the OOH - patients. This will include some nights and weekend work. Because everyone takes part in this it means the rota has less impact on work-life balance for all. They also have some great new graduates working within the teams so people with an interest in mentoring and willing to coach through their GDPs would be great.
Hours: Full or part-time hours. With a large team varied weekly hours can be considered between two and four days. Full-time (40 hours per week) roles are generally four full weekdays with one of those being an early finish
Salary: The salary will be up to £67,000 depending on experience.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
Health & Wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,200 CPD allowance with 35 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Cornwall Veterinary association membership. We have a good community spirit amongst the Cornish practices
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -052023-28813
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details.