Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Cwmbran
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: The branch is fully equipped and includes an in-house lab, x-ray, ultrasound, and K-Laser. They have 3 large spacious consulting rooms, a lovely light and spacious reception waiting area, and an onsite car park for staff and clients.
Team: The team consists of a Graduate Veterinary Surgeon, Clinical Director, an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse, a newly qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse, a student Veterinary Nurse, and 2 full-time Veterinary Receptionists.
Role: Our clients are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon full-time or would consider part-time to join the friendly team.
Applicant Requirements: They are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon with experience, who can confidently work through a list of consultations and surgical procedures. In addition to excellent clinical and communication skills, you will need to be a people-oriented person, who is willing to support your colleagues.
Hours: Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work-life balance. They know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and they want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you are looking to fix or flex your work patterns, they can find the right solution for you. The full-time role would be 40 hours a week with 1:5 Saturday shifts at Newport and no OOH as this is covered by VetsNow.
Salary: Salary up to £75,000 p/a DOE + Benefits
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Professional Memberships
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance up to £5000
Ref: JN -122022-27452
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details