Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Derby
Type: Small Animal
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Practice: part of a group
Team: They are a 3 Veterinary Surgeon practice with a super support team of 3 Veterinary Nurses and wonderfully efficient receptionists.
Large and modern practice
4 consults rooms
A dedicated x-ray and ultrasound room
Large modern theatre and prep room
Role: They are currently looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly team in Derby.
They would welcome both full and part-time applicants.
Typically, this position is full-time over 4/5 days per week, working a combination of early shifts (8 am-4.30 pm) and late shifts (11 am – 7.30 pm), with 1:3 Saturdays and no OOH!
When you work a Saturday, you gain a day in lieu.
People are at the heart of everything that they do, and that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves.
Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
Duties: Their fast-paced practices are very busy with a high surgical caseload which allows for surgical progression for those with a keen interest in soft tissue and routine surgery.
Sole Charge: TBC
Branch Work: No
Champion of our core values
Ability and willingness to share knowledge and mentor/be mentored by others
Contribute to the practice protocols to facilitate the continuous improvement of clinical standards
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Approachable, caring, and empathic whilst instilling a positive “can do” attitude amongst fellow colleagues.
Be passionate about all aspects of your veterinary work
Salary: They are offering a salary of up to £65,000 p/a DOE plus benefits
Benefits: They recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises, and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
• 25 days leave + Bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Paid RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -092022-26459
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details