Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Dumfries and Galloway
Type: Mixed Animal Practice
Location: Dumfries and Galloway
Practice Type: Part of a group
- As a RCVS accredited farm and small animal general practice have the facilities you would expect.
- They have the latest small animal and large animal ultrasound, bull and tup fertility kit, digital radiography, and idexx suite.
- Galloway has lots to offer for the outdoors enthusiast and their Vets enjoy the local beaches for paddleboarding and the Southern Uplands for walking and camping.
Team Info: They have 10 Vets and two branches. They have a superb team of 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 3 Auxiliary Nurses, and 5 Receptionists. They have one certificate holder in Cattle Health and Production and would be keen to support the right candidate to attain additional qualifications (Certificate, DBR etc).
Role: Our client is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. They are a busy mixed practice in the Southwest of Scotland where the grass is green and the sun always shines.
Duties: The role is truly mixed with no two days the same from dairy fertility, small animal consulting, and surgery to health planning, fertility testing, and horses, they have it all!
Hours: People are at the heart of everything that they do, and that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
- The rota includes working 5 days per week from 08:30-18:00 with an hour lunch break.
- They have a weekend rota and provide their out-of-hours currently on a 2:10 basis with the odd Saturday morning.
- Vets get a half day on the Friday following their weekend first on-call.
- Two Vets are always on call to provide back-up and support if necessary.
Salary: They are offering a salary up to £70,000 depending on experience plus a relocation allowance up to £5,000
- 6.8 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance for 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -012024-30433
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details