Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Hailsham, East Sussex
Type: Small Animal
Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
Practice: PSS accredited (General Practice) and a Veterinary Nurse Training Centre, is dedicated to high-quality care. They are well equipped with excellent digital X-ray facilities, high-quality ultrasound, dental X-ray, iM3 dental station, and up-to-date anaesthetic monitoring, along with regularly updated, team-driven policies and protocols that ensure standards are met whilst also maintaining job satisfaction.
Facilities: Their in-house laboratory includes a full range of Idexx analyzers, Class IV K-laser is used both postoperatively and during VN clinics. Separate cattery, kennel, and isolation areas plus an outdoor exercise area offer excellent inpatient facilities.
Team: Their team of 5.5 Vets, 6.2 Nurses, and 8 support staff in Client care and management includes PGCert holders in Medicine and Surgery and an NHS Leadership Academy Award holder - all CPD supported by the practice. This confirms their commitment to and support for professional development and personal growth in both clinical and non-clinical areas for all team members. As such they have been awarded the ‘Investor in People’ status for over 17 years.
Role: An exciting opportunity to join the brilliant team. This is a small animal practice based in a growing market town, close to an area of outstanding natural beauty, approximately 7 miles from the coast, and with excellent train links to Brighton and London nearby.
- The role is varied with medical and surgical work shared amongst the team.
- They are looking for a part-time vet, to work between 20-30 hours per week (can be flexible to suit the right candidate).
- This may include Saturday cover but no other OOH or Bank Holiday work.
Candidate: Qualified vet with experience in a small animal clinic. Cheerful and motivated, with drive and enthusiasm to fit into their friendly working environment, you will be a team player, a proactive individual with an adaptable friendly personality, skillful with patients, and great with clients. A driving license is essential. OV experience would be beneficial.
Salary: Competitive up to £55,000 (FTE) dependent on skills and experience plus an excellent benefits package that includes:
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• BVA Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service related company sick pay
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
Ref: JN -032022-24307
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details