Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Eastbourrne
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of group
Facilities: The vets is made up of 3 branches, one main hub with two smaller surgeries. They have a fully equipped theatre, kennels for inpatients, digital X ray and dental X-ray machines. Diagnostic imaging is also covered with an ultrasound scanner equipped with cardio and abdominal probes and they have a fully equipped laboratory, part for blood diagnostics.
Team: 5 experienced Veterinary Surgeons and 1 Graduate Veterinary Surgeon, 8 Nurses, and 8 Support Team Members.
Role: To give you an overview of a typical day at the practice, you will start the morning consults at 09:00 - the appointments can be very varied ranging from admitting animals that are coming in for surgery or investigations, to routine appointments like Vaccinations or if animals are unwell. After the morning consults, the Vet will support the Nurses to prepare the animals that are in for surgical procedures and complete the surgery. After lunch, the afternoons and evenings will be back to consulting and discharging the surgical patients and any inpatients well enough to go home. During the afternoon the Vet will have free time to phone clients and complete paperwork. They aim for a varied working with excellent structure allowing a proactive and stimulating working day.
Hours: A 4-day week rota with 1:4 weekends and no on-call or OOH. The working pattern however is flexible and are open to discussing what works for you.
Applicant Requirements: A proactive, positive and enthuastic character with a willingness to work amongst a team. They, of course, hope our patient's care is paramount to your day-to-day and that you hold excellent bedside manners for both the patients and clients. We do require you to be RCVS registered or eligible to register.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday is a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
Ref: JN -022024-30521
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details