Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Edinburgh
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Services/Facilities: Their bright, air-conditioned surgery is purpose-built to industry-leading standards and has state-of-the-art equipment.
Team: They are a hard-working and supportive team made up of 2 vets (one with a certificate in ECC), a head nurse, a practice manager, 1 RVN, 1 VCA, 1 client care manager, and 2 client care advisors.
Role: Due to relocation our client has a fantastic opportunity for a small animal vet to come and join their experienced, enthusiastic and vibrant team
Hours: They would love to find a full-time vet but will consider two 20-hour positions.
- Their normal working week is 4 weekdays 9 am-7 pm
- 1 in 3 weekends (9 am to 5 pm Sat and 10 am to 5 pm Sun) with time off in lieu.
- No OOHs or on call.
- They offer flexibility if you prefer to work more weekends and fewer weekdays or if you prefer to work shorter days over 5 days.
- The ideal vet to join them will be motivated and proactive, with solid medical and surgical skills.
- There will be sole charge so you should also feel comfortable with this.
- Key to your success will be your ability to embrace all aspects of the role, delivering excellent patient and client care.
- You should enjoy working within a team and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An interest in imaging and/or soft tissue surgery is advantageous, but not essential.
- A very competitive salary would be offered to a soft tissue certificate holder.
- 1 hour fully paid lunch break every day
- Regular catch-up and paperwork breaks
- Weekly clinical meetings to discuss cases, support from other vets via phone on sole charge weekends if required
- Very limited overtime (99% of the time leave at 7pm) but any overtime funded.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous CPD allowance, certificates funded
- Paid memberships including RCVS
- 30 minute consult slots, last appointment 6.15pm to allow time for notes
- Career progression and surgical development opportunities
- Increased holiday allowance after 2 years of continuous service
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
Ref: JN -072022-25808
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details