Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Epping
Type: Small animal
Location: Epping, Essex
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: A well-established local small animal first-opinion veterinary practice. They have excellent facilities such as Idexx lab suite, digital X-rays, ultrasound facilities, and dental equipment. They also have separate dog and cat wards. The practice is close to Epping station which provides easy access into London but still maintains a village feel with lots of green space locally.
Team: The team currently consists of 5 veterinary surgeons (one of whom will be replaced by the successful candidate), 6 RVNs, 2 SVNs, and 2 receptionists.
Role: They are seeking an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon to join the team. This role would suit someone with an interest in surgery and they would cover the costs of pursuing a surgery certificate. The role will involve routine small animal veterinary work with blocks of consulting and routine soft tissue surgeries, dental, as well as diagnostic procedures.
Applicant Requirement: Some experience in all routine soft tissue surgeries is essential as well as an ability to perform dental in a timely manner.
Hours: You will be working 4 days per week (shifts are 8.30 am-6.30 pm) with the same day off each week. 1 in 4 Saturday AM clinic (8.30 am-12 pm). No out-of-hours.
Salary: Salary up to £75,000 depending on experience. Relocation allowance up to £5,000
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday is a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- The initiative focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 50 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
Ref: JN -062023-28988
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details.