Permanent Veterinary Surgeon, Epsom
Job Title: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: This group practice has a growing client base and is really nice and busy now, which means they see a wide variety of interesting cases! Patients needing X-rays, bloods, scans, and orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery are carried out on site. The practice run 15 minute consults as standard but 30 minute consults for puppy vaccinations and new clients.
Facilities: You will work with modern state-of-the-art equipment including digital X-ray, ultrasound with Doppler, a growing orthopaedic kit, and separate dog and cat wards and it is also a nurse training practice.
Team: The practice vet is joined by a talented and supportive team of 3 RVNs (soon to be 4), a student nurse and veterinary care assistants (one of whom will be starting their nurse training in April), and 2 receptionists. The team holds a variety of interests including surgery, exotics, and anaesthesia.
Hours: Full time, 4 days a week for work-life balance, and 1 in 3 weekend rota
Shifts: Flexible rota with a mix of early and late shifts
- The rota is structured to be as fair as possible and to ensure a great work/life balance.
- Due to the element of sole charge involved in this role, the position would suit an experienced vet with a minimum of 1 year of experience in the UK.
- You will need to be confident in all routine surgical and medical cases and you will also enjoy building strong relationships with patients, clients, and the wider team.
- An interest in exotics, medicine, or diagnostic imaging would be ideal but not essential!
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary - £40,000 – £55,000 p/a (DOE)
- Enhanced annual leave plus an extra day off for your birthday
- Paid CPD
- No OOHs responsibility
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVA, and VDS)
- Exclusive colleague discounts
- Supportive and friendly work environment
Ref: JN -032022-24403
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details