Permanent Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon - Stockport, Greater Manchester
We are currently working with a lovely, growing, long-established, RCVS accredited veterinary and nurse training practice situated in the Greater Manchester area that is looking for an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon to join their amazing team.
The practice prides itself on providing its clients with the highest standard of customer care. The successful candidate would be joining a team of 3 vets, 3 RVNs, 1 SVN, 1VCA, and a support team. They keep all communication open by providing progress reports on results, prognosis, treatment options, and costs involved at all times. This is a well-equipped practice with 3 consulting rooms, Separate Operating Theatre, Preparation Room, Laboratory Area, Digital X-ray, Ultrasonography, Dental Suite and Imaging Room, and Isolation Kennels. Their services include:- Consultations - for cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, and various small animals, Export certificates for the EU and the rest of the world, Vaccinations and health checks for cats, dogs, and rabbits, Pet microchipping, Operations including neutering, worm and flea treatment, Free weight clinic, Dietary advice - life-stage diets and prescription diets, Repeat prescription with online ordering, Home Visits.
They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon to join a long-established, friendly, growing practice. The role can be flexible but they are offering a minimum of a 3-day week with Saturday mornings on a 1 in 4 rota. There is no OOH or on-call. Our consultation appointments are 15 minutes each and you will be responsible for 1 day a week in the theatre.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, caring, small animal veterinary surgeon with excellent communication skills. All applicants will be considered but the role is ideally suited to a vet with several years of clinical experience. The ideal candidate will have experience and the ability to work sole charge and perform basic surgery. Further study towards a certificate is encouraged and supported. Good communication, client skills, and teamwork are a must.
- Salary up to £45,000 FTE depending on experience.
- Up to £5000 relocation allowance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
REF: JN -032022-24437
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details