Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Hemel Hempstead
Type: Small Animal
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They are a single-site practice, and all their rooms are air-conditioned. They have access to several good referral centres although a lot of complex cases are managed at the clinic, including orthopaedics. Their up-to-date facilities include a dedicated operating theatre, 3 consulting rooms, a large prep area, separate dog/cat wards, an imaging/ dental area with digital X-ray facilities (standard and dental), MyLab 25 Gold E-SAOTE ultrasound scanner, extensive in-house lab, ECG, and tonometer.
Team: Their team consists of 4.5 Veterinary Surgeons, they have a phenomenal nursing team that covers a huge amount of nurse consults as well as post-op checks which comprises 6 Registered Veterinary Nurses & 1 Student Veterinary Nurse, 3 Receptionists and 2 Office Staff. CPD is encouraged and well supported with an excellent CPD budget and additional staff benefits.
Role: Our client has an exciting opportunity available for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team, they have an experienced team ranging from 4-30 years so a great opportunity to work alongside some very experienced vets in the industry with various caseloads ranging from dentistry, consulting, medical and surgical workups and treatments, orthopaedic cases, complex soft tissue surgeries, internal medicine cases, and preventative health care cases to name a few with scope to develop your caseloads in your niche area of expertise.
- Ideally, the role is working up to 20 hours per week across 2 days with 1:4 Saturdays (8 am-1 pm).
- There is no OOH as they are a Vets Now host practice meaning that all their in-patients are well cared for in their own premises by the Vets Now staff every night, as well as during the weekends and bank holidays.
- They can also consider flexible working hours as their flexible approach to rota patterns that can truly enrich your work-life balance.
- They know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and they want to make it easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you need to do the school pick-up, need reduced hours during school holidays, or would simply like a more flexible rota pattern they can fix or flex their patterns to suit you
Support: They are a very friendly, close, and inclusive team that likes to promote a supportive culture and discuss cases when necessary. They are very supportive of CPDs if you want to focus on a particular area of care.
Salary: Up to £75,000 p/a depending on experience
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance & 5 days paid CPD leave per annum
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon
- Al lVets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- RCVS membership
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -022024-30590
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details