Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Hereford
Type: Small Animal
Location: Hereford, Herefordshire
Practice Type: Part of a group
- They are a progressive, first-opinion small animal practice set across 2 sites in rural Herefordshire countryside, in the heart of the Wye Valley. They are situated a stone’s throw from the beautiful Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons for those who like to explore and spend time in nature.
- You will mainly be based at their site in Hereford with an average of one day a week at Ewyas Harold. Both sites are fully equipped with digital X-ray, ultrasound, in-house lab, and laser therapy.
Team: They have a well-established team ethic ensuring every team member is valued and invested in, that's why they underpin that commitment by offering career progression pathways, whether that be surgical or medical, they can offer the exposure you need.
- Find support from their 4 experienced Vets who hold certificates in SA Medicine, SA Surgery, and Emergency Medicine.
- Discover the support of our experienced team of RVN's, ANA's, and Receptionists.
- Experience a varied caseload as well as exposure to advanced orthopaedic procedures including TPLO’s in-house.
Role: They have a unique opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their progressive practice.
Applicant Requirements: Whether you are a new/recent graduate or an experienced vet, they believe you can find what you’re searching for in your career with us. You will have the freedom and support from their dedicated team to amplify your personal and professional development.
- Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale of your work-life balance. Whether you are looking for hours around school runs, your hobbies, or rush hour, they can find the right solution for you.
- Typically, the full-time position is across 4 days, 8.30 am – 18.30 pm, with 1:4 Saturdays, 8.30 am – 18.00 pm (when working a Saturday, you get a day off the following week).
- There is no OOH.
- Part-time are also welcome.
Salary: Up to £75,000 per annum DOE + £5,000 relocation allowance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
• All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -012023-27647
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details