Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Hitchin
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: Equipment/service includes laparoscopy, digital radiography, echocardiology, and a comprehensive in-house lab. The practice has an active program of Quality Improvement driven by in-house analysis of working practices.
Team: They are a very experienced team including several certificate holders, a full RVN team, and support staff with a strong team ethos.
Role: The practice has an opportunity for an enthusiastic veterinary surgeon to join the team on a permanent basis. This role would suit an experienced vet who is confident with a mixture of both consulting and operating.
Hours: The full-time vets generally choose to work a 4-day week (10-hour days on shifts between 8 am and 7 pm) with some Saturday mornings and weekend work. There are no standard OOH or telephone duties for this role although occasional requirements to care for low-dependency boarders on a Sunday (not on Bank Holidays). They are also happy to accommodate part-time applicants for this role who are looking to work 2 or 3 days per week.
Applicant Requirements: They are a busy practice with a high and varied caseload, which would suit someone who is keen to undertake further development.
Salary: Up to £63,000 depending on experience
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -102023-29933
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details