Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - in the Chard area of Somerset
Type: Small animal
Location: In the Chard area of Somerset
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: The four-branch practice is in rural Somerset with beautiful scenery and the Jurassic coastline within easy reach with transport links via motorway and rail. Other equipment includes video endoscopy, tonometry, digital dental X-rays, and ultrasound scanners. Advanced orthopaedic surgery is available to the clients via a visiting specialist and they have certificate holders in ophthalmology and surgery within the team of experienced vets.
Role: They are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join the first opinion small animal practice in the beautiful Somerset countryside.
Applicant Requirement: They are seeking a pro-active and dedicated veterinary surgeon experience is preferred but all candidates will be considered. Applicants must be RCVS registered. They encourage and fund CPD including study for higher qualifications.
Hours: Full-time, working 4 days a week, no night duties.
Salary: Up to £75,000 (DOE)
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance
Ref: JN -012024-30294
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details.