Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Leicester
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: They are a first opinion small animal practice - They are striving to establish a passionate team, all working towards the same goals of patient care and offering a wide range of medical and surgical options.
Team: This is a friendly team consisting of 3 Vets, 3 RVNs, 2 SVNs, 2 kennel assistants, 4 receptionists, and a practice manager.
- They are an RCVS Accredited practice and ISFM Cat Friendly.
- The consult rooms are spacious, with plenty of storage for your favorite tools of the trade, and all have their own scales, sinks, vaccine fridges, and heater/air con!
- They have some lovely new equipment in practice, including a microscope, diathermy (with monopolar and bipolar capabilities), and handheld dental x-ray, and are looking to upgrade our current ultrasound machine, orthopaedic kits and in-house urine analysis.
Role: As a first opinion practice, they would like someone who is happy covering consultations, surgeries, and managing in patients, all of which are shared amongst the vets on a rota.
- Their routine appointments are 15 minutes, and for more complicated cases or euthanasias, we allow for double appointments.
- The reception team is very good at their jobs and is able to triage calls effectively.
- Their surgical cases include routine neuterings, lumpectomies, and dentals but they also have a diverse range that includes orthopaedics (where appropriate), splenectomies, foreign body surgeries, caesareans, etc.
- They are open to expanding on this further, depending on the Vet’s surgical skills!
Hours: The position is for a 40-hour week, over 4 or 5 days, with a 1 in 3 Saturday. They are keen to find the right person to join their team so they are more than happy to discuss rotas and individual needs.
Shifts: They are open Monday-Friday 8 am-7 pm, and Saturdays 9 am-5 pm. They do open on Bank Holidays, 9 am-5 pm, which is shared on a rota.
OOHS: They do not do any OOH work, as this is covered by their local OOH service provider.
Skills/Exp: They are looking for a recently graduated or experienced Veterinary Surgeon who is seeking a new challenge to expand their forward-thinking and ambitious team. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to join a general practice that has high standards of patient and client care, with the potential for future progression within the team. They have a generous CPD allowance and there is the opportunity for funding and support for someone who may like to pursue a certificate.
- The salary for this position is £36,000-£55,000, dependent on experience and eventual rota needs.
- Their standard holiday allowance is 224 hours per year, including bank holidays, and this increases to 264 hours after being with them for 2 years.
- CVS and VDS fees are paid for by themselves, and CPD funding is also available on top of the in-practice sessions, with both monetary contributions and allocated days.
- As well as a contributory pension scheme, there are additional benefits including high street discounts and colleague discounts for both within the practice
Ref: JN -062022-25443
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details