Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Lichfield, Staffordshire
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
- They are a 14 vet cohesive team including Anaesthesia and ECC certificate holders with other vets working towards surgical and imaging certificates. At their main practice, they have a hospital vet, managed by one of the senior vets to offer support for their hospitalised patients and to help with complex medical cases.
- Crucially they are supported by a fantastic nursing team who always push them to provide the best care for patients.
- They are a social bunch and recent staff outings have included bowling, water obstacle courses, and several dining excursions!
- They are a supportive, friendly team and they regularly take on new graduates, with many of their vets still in their first job! They will provide an excellent opportunity to develop confidence in your early year
Facilities: Their purpose-built Tier 3 Hospital is based in the leafy outskirts of the Cathedral City and is supported by 3 nearby branches. In addition, they have a successful and busy physio and hydrotherapy center. They are kitted out with everything you need to provide fantastic ECC care, x-ray, high-end doppler ultrasound, rigid and flexible endoscopes including laparoscopy equipment, orthopaedic equipment, and a comprehensive in-house laboratory.
Hours: This role is a 4-day working week with evenly shared weekends and no night duties. Ideally, they are looking for a full-time vet, but are happy to consider part-time work for the right candidate.
Branch work: Your time at their main hospital and one of their nearby branches, allows you to build a loyal client base at both locations and allows good continuity of care.
Duties: The rota is divided allowing a good mix of consulting sessions alongside ample surgical time and time for working up individual cases.
- This position would suit an experienced colleague who can bring new skills to a team of certificate holders, and vets working towards AP status.
- Most importantly you must be a team player who is keen to provide a first-rate service to loyal clients and their pets
- Good communication with clients and colleagues is essential to deliver the high level of care they pride themselves on.
Salary: The salary for this role will be up to £50,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
Ref: JN -032022-24584
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details