Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Maghera
Location: Maghera, North Ireland
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They are a 3-branch practice, in the middle of the Sperrin Mountains, with only a 40-minute drive to the stunning North Coast and Glens, a 40-minute drive to the airports, and a 40-minute drive from the hustle and bustle of Belfast or Derry city life. Two of the branches have a farm animal crush and pen and they have all the usual equipment in the main branch for both farm and small animal practice including easy scan/small animal ultrasound, laparoscope for farm, IDEXX lab station, microscope, x-ray, endoscope, ECG, kennelling/stabling facilities, small ruminant operating table, and a horse stock.
Team: They have a team of 8 Veterinary Surgeons of which 3 have 20 years experience in farm, Small Animal, and Equine, and 1 with 10 years plus farm vet experience. These 4 Veterinary Surgeons have been in the practice for 10 years. They also have a new 2022 graduate lined up to start on the Graduate Academy. They have an enormously dedicated Veterinary Nursing team made up of 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 2 Student Veterinary Nurses.
Role: This role would suit a Veterinary Surgeon looking to work in a dairy-beef-sheep practice. There is the option of adding in some small animal and equine work.
Applicant Requirement:The ideal candidate will be a Farm Veterinary Surgeon with some experience (Calving, C-sections, uterine twist, etc) and happy to do some horse work (1st opinion, no PPE, but reproduction knowledge would be beneficial). They will consider keen and confident newly graduated Veterinary Surgeons.
Hours:The standard full-time vet rota consists of a 45-hour week, working 1 weekend in 4 with a long weekend off in lieu the following week. There is an OOH requirement to work 1 night per week on call, in the winter months and 1 night per week on call every fortnight, in the summer months. Although this is advertised as a full-time role, they are open to both full-time and part-time applications.
Salary: The salary on offer for this role is up to £63,000 depending on experience plus a relocation allowance of up to £5000.
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
• All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -042023-28611
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details.