Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Malvern
Type: Small Animal
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Practice: Part of a group
Facilities: Their facilities include ultrasound, digital radiology, laser therapy, and an in-house lab. They are also a Veterinary Nurse training practice and have recently gained their RCVS accreditation.
Team: They pride themselves on their patient and customer care, and how well they look after their team. You will work alongside a valued and hardworking team of 3 Veterinary Surgeons, 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Student Veterinary Nurse, 1 Animal Nursing Assistant, 2 Receptionists, and a Practice Director. They pride themselves on being kind, caring, and empathetic to all their patients. Their practice closely supports their local RSPCA and participates in fundraising events for other local charities.
Role: They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join their small and friendly team
Hours: They are in a fortunate position to offer a truly bespoke rota to suit your needs whether that be full-time, part-time, flexi-time, term time only, hours to work around the school run, or evenings only with other combinations that work for you. If you need to have the school holidays off for childcare we are able to accommodate that.
Shifts: They are open from 8 am to 7 pm Monday to Friday and inclusion on the Saturday rota would be required which is 1:3 Saturday mornings only 8 am – 12 noon. There are no OOHs as these are covered by VetsNow.
Duties: Your day would consist of a good mix of consulting and operating with a collaborative approach to cases, but you would have clinical freedom and scope to work up your own cases too. You would be joining our supportive team, where you will be encouraged to reach your full potential.
- They are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon who is confident with routine procedures and consultations and has an enthusiasm for surgery.
- They would like someone who enjoys communicating and building relationships with clients, someone who is compassionate, caring and aims for high clinical standards.
- You will be working as part of a team most of the time but should be confident with some sole charge.
Salary: The salary will be up to £75,000 p/a depending on experience
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance up to £5000
Ref: JN -012023-27612
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details