Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Manchester
Type: Small Animal
Practice: They have two branches that have recently joined together
Facilities: This is a new, purpose-built practice with great facilities including 4 consult rooms, cat ward, dog ward, operating theatre, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, and brand-new laparoscopic equipment. Both of their vets are extremely experienced and have further certificates in surgery, which will enable the successful candidate to have copious amounts of support, allowing them to progress with confidence into the next stage of their career. Due to the vet teams’ skill set, the clinic routinely offers more advanced surgical support to clinics in the North-West region, meaning there is the opportunity to experience a varied caseload.
Team: Their experienced team also benefits from a clinic manager/HVN, alongside 2 nurses and 2 client care coordinators. They are working towards the group patient safety award and one of their nursing team has a keen interest in behaviour and has undergone further training, so they are keen to develop this service at the clinic level.
Role: This practice is currently experiencing an exciting period of growth and development, and as result, they have a fantastic new opportunity available for a Veterinary Surgeon who is looking to take the next step in their career. This role will be a general practice Vet role with a mix of consultations and surgical cases, with the support of a highly experienced and progressive clinical team.
Hours: The role will be a full-time role (40 hours per week), with a share of Saturday mornings (08:30-12:30 with TOIL given for each weekend worked). Their out-of-hours is provided by Vets Now, Manchester. At this practice, their teams’ work-life balance and wellbeing are always top priority. As a group, they are trialing a flexible rota in several clinics, so they’d love to discuss the specifics of how you could work the above hours, with you.
Duties: There will be a mixture of surgery and consults each day.
Sole Charge: This is a sole charge role, working alongside a Registered Veterinary Nurse and Receptionist.
Branch Work: TBC
Applicant Requirements: This vacancy has been released due to continued growth at Sale and therefore it’s important that the successful candidate has the following skills/attributes:
- Demonstratable experience with general veterinary consultations, and therefore confident in making strong clinical recommendations with clinical team support
- Competence in routine surgical procedures
- Quality; the desire to provide a high standard of veterinary medicine, to the pets under our care
- Integrity; working with the clinical team to drive the strong White Cross principles that the group adheres to, in an honest manner
- Responsibility; to the pet’s under our care, making strong and confident clinical recommendations with the support of the team and the White Cross group
- Growth; to be passionate in wanting to progress your clinical knowledge and development, which in turn contributes to the growth of the practice and the clinical team
- RCVS registered
Salary: Generous salary that is reflective of experience and skills up to £45,000 p/a (DOE)
Benefits (subject to pro-rata)
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- An extra day of holiday on your birthday
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Up to 3 pets on our wellness plan (free consults, flea, worm, and more)
- Contribution towards purchasing a Fitbit and weekly leader board challenges
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Practice social events
- L&D opportunities through the group Academy
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -102021-22660
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details