Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Northumberland
Type: Mixed Practice
Location: Northumberland - Approx 25 min commute from Newcastle
Practice Type: They are a small independently owned practice based in beautiful Northumberland, they are a mixed practice
Services: Their team of friendly staff is here to provide the best healthcare for furry friends to ensure their happiness and comfort. They offer a comprehensive list of services that focus on prevention, and decisive action and deliver you top-quality care.
Team: In addition to their vets they have 6 support staff forming a close-knit team. They are a tier 2 small animal practice.
Role: They are happy to consider a small animal only, small/equine, or mixed vet, their work ratio is around 85% small animal, 10% equine, and 5% farm
- The rota is over 5 weeks with one weekend in five on call (Friday night through to Monday am), plus 1 night per week however the sweetener is that you only work a 4 day week (for a full-time position), part-time is negotiable.
- Work includes 1 bank holiday per year and the 2 Christmas weeks are shared equally alongside another local independent practice in an out-of-hours rota share.
Sole Charge: There may be periods of sole charge so the right candidate will need to be able to work on their own initiative and be proactive, support will be provided until the successful candidate is up to speed.
Skills/Exp: Experience is not essential for the right candidate, new graduates will be considered and well supported if they are enrolled in the Vet GDP program. It would be useful should the successful candidate live within a 5-mile radius of the practice as a nontaxable housing allowance could be offered as part of the package, however, a reasonable 20-minute commute would be acceptable for out-of-hours.
Candidate: They are looking for a like-minded vet who is a true team player. You will need to be motivated, extremely well organised, and able to prioritise your own workload. As they put the emphasis on the “friendly practice” and not “maximum profit” you will need to have good people skills, be caring and understanding whilst also being open and honest at the same time.
- Salary will be dependent on experience
- You will be entitled to 6 weeks of holiday per year (pro rata for part-timers/part-year). You may be required to cover some holidays however they are very well organised and these are notified well in advance. During these periods you may work extra/extra on call. You will be paid when covering extras for holidays – rates will be negotiated as part of the contract.
- The position is permanent with a 12-month probationary period.
- Self-employed persons may be considered.
Ref: JN -092022-26389
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details