Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Nottingham
They currently have the rare opportunity for a vet to join a successful and stable team in Nottingham.
- Clinical or surgery bias
- Any level of experience considered.
- Competitive salary – you know that each role is different, so let’s talk about your salary requirements
- If you are a new graduate, their Senior Vet holds the Graduate Development Program Certificate in order to assist in your development
Type: Small Animal
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Practice: Part of a group that has 8 clinics across the UK - They do things differently and challenge the status quo when it comes to pet health. They believe in making a positive change to the pet health industry by offering clients exceptional care and support with fair and value pricing.
Team: You will be working alongside a Clinical Director and a friendly team of Vets, Nurses, VCA’s, and Receptionists. You will be supported to develop your skills and will have the opportunity to progress.
Facilities: All their clinics and facilities are purpose-built, giving you everything you need to deliver a wide range of care under one roof. Each clinic has its own separate dental, x-ray, lab, and ultrasound suites. Each also has at least two operating theatres, six consulting rooms, and an open, spacious prep area, as well as separate dog and cat recovery wards and walk-in isolation. They also have a cosy and comfortable staff room where you can relax during breaks and enjoy your free lunch each Friday.
The Role: They truly believe in the value of great General Practice vets; expert practitioners that are omni-capable and act as a pillar of their local community to support the wellbeing of the people and animals in their care.
Reporting to the Clinical Director and working side by side with the clinical and non-clinical teams, their vets are key to achieving their ambitions of better clinical outcomes through early diagnosis.
As well as always thinking of ways to improve the care that is provided and develop the centre, your core duties will be to –
- Practice outstanding medicine, surgery, and emergency care. Be a role model general practitioner that consistently demonstrates a diagnostic-driven approach to animal care
- Consistently perform Gold Standard consultations. Intuitively ‘read’ the client & patient to anticipate their needs. Influence the clients to follow your first-class, expert advice
- Build high trust relationships with clients to achieve better compliance and therefore better clinical outcomes for the animals in your care
- Confidently recommend further medical progress checks until we are satisfied that there is a full resolution and ideally a diagnosis has been achieved
- Utilise their bespoke menu of diagnostic panels to assess the most common clinical presentations. Read, interpret and evaluate findings and use these to create and confidently recommend an agreed treatment plan.
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week - 4-day working week (They can also offer flexible shifts or part-time working hours tailored to you, because they don’t believe your personal life should be compromised to do the job you love. They work towards, and encourage, a healthy work/life balance.)
Weekend: Only 1:4
Sole Charge: No
Branch Work: No
Candidate: In order to be successful in this exciting post, you will be –
- A first-class vet. With a firm understanding of the importance of a “diagnostic-first” approach – they do not advocate symptomatic therapy
- An individual who enjoys engaging with clients and their pets and understands the benefit of augmenting the owner-pet bond. Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication within a consultative environment
- Demonstrates a professional, confident and calm approach – inspiring confidence in the clients and team. Enthusiastic, positive, and resilient
Salary: Competitive salary dependent on experience – they’ve put a scale of £32,000-£48,000 p/a in but you know that each role is different, so let’s talk about your salary requirements.
- 33 days holiday including bank holiday
- Flexible working patterns
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Cover
- Continuous professional development
- £1,500 CPD allowance per annum with 5 days of study leave
- VDS & RCVS fees covered
- Group Values in Actions Awards – celebrate those who contribute and embody our vision and goals through their approach, ideas, and commitment
- Mindful Living Courses
- Help@Hand Scheme connects you with specialists who can help you manage your health and wellbeing, and that of your family.
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Cycle scheme
- Employee Discounts
- Free food Fridays.
Ref: JN -052022-25280
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details