Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Oxfordshire
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: Veterinary Surgery is a first-opinion small animal practice located in West Oxfordshire. The practice opened in 2014 and joined IVC Evidensia in 2020. They are located in a purpose-built spacious and light practice.
Team: Currently they are a 2.5FTE Veterinary practice and to allow them to continue to provide a caring service to the clients they have created this new Vet position to join the expanding team as they continue to grow.
Role: You will work as a first-opinion Vet providing both medical and surgical care to the patients.
Hours: This is a full-time position working 40 hours a week over 4 weekdays (Wednesday would be a non-working day) with shared Saturday mornings 08:30 to 13:00). Currently the weekend rota would be 1 in 8 Saturday mornings. There is no OOH work other than inpatient care for patients who opt to stay at the practice rather than be transferred to the OOH provider. This is shared equally between the vets.
Applicant Requirements: The role is suitable for a new graduate or a more experienced veterinary surgeon who will be given the opportunity to further their career through a wide range of clinical and surgical cases and opportunities. They have very experienced and supportive vets who are always willing to help and discuss cases.
Salary: Up to £63,000 Depending on experience
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday is a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon
- All Vets and nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
Ref: JN -112023-30074
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details