Permanent Veterinary Surgeon, Peterborough
We are working with a small animal practice that are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. The ideal candidate will be joining a growing practice just east of Peterborough, with some shifts in a second practice
This practice serves a bustling market town in the Cambridgeshire fens, 30 minutes from Peterborough. There has been a Vet practice on this site for around 40 years, and they’re proud to continue this tradition. They care for dogs, cats, birds, exotics and small furries. As a local Vet they look after a variety of pets in the region, including the guard dogs at Whitemoor High-Security Prison!
They’re a friendly, helpful, established team who are passionate about animal welfare and health. With an experienced Vet and Vet Nurse team they are pleased to be approved under the RCVS Practice Standards Service.
With opening hours on Saturdays and Sundays, and ample car parking, they’re easy to visit and here for clients and their animals whenever needed.
As well as five consult rooms, they have two theatres, a prep room, isolation ward, x-ray and heated kennels. They also have modern in-house lab equipment including endocrinology, haematology, viral screening and urinalysis which allows them to many of the tests needed quickly ourselves. They can also perform ultrasounds. They have a separate dog, cat and exotics isolation and kennelling facilities.
The Role and Candidate:
Ideally looking for someone to fill this position on a full-time basis but will happily consider part-time or flexible requests. There is no out of hours work required within this role.
The role will include regular shifts at their smaller site as well as the opportunity, if desired, to work at the main practice in Peterborough. You will be confident in and enjoy working as part of a team of varying size; autonomous and independent but also enjoy the benefits of support and guidance from colleagues.
Who are they looking for:
- An enthusiastic veterinary surgeon who is passionate about delivering high standards of care to patients and driving exceptional client care throughout the practice
- Someone who is flexible and happy to work in a couple of different teams from a busy 3 vet practice, to a smaller branch surgery.
- Someone with good organisational skills and the ability to manage your workload, communicating effectively with your team to enable smooth running of the day
- Someone who is keen to continually improve their own professional knowledge and experience
- Hold an appropriate qualification and be currently registered with the RCVS
- Salary up to £53,500 pa dependant on experience (for a full-time vet)
- 5 weeks annual holiday plus bank holidays and the ability to buy and sell leave if desired
- £1750 CPD allowance with more funding available for relevant qualifications and 5 days allowance for attending CPD events
- RCVS fees + one other professional membership covered
- Health shield cash plan
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Paid sick leave and an expanding range of flexible benefits
Ref: JN -052021-20456
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details