Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Reading
Our client looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to further expand their team of dedicated vets and help increase the services they offer to clients.
Type: Small Animal
Practice: part of a group
Team: The practice is a 5-vet team, with 2 RVNs, 1 SVN, and 3 ANAs. All supported by the wonderful reception team and dedicated Practice Principal. The team is passionate about providing gold standard care to the clients and their pets and they have a strong ethos of teamwork and communication. The highly experienced Practice Principal regularly provides rewards to the team with Costa Fridays and a monthly practice star award celebrates the employee’s achievements as they are very much focused on the team’s well-being.
Large and modern practice
4 consult rooms
A dedicated x-ray and ultrasound room
Large modern theatre and prep room
Role: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join an outgoing team
Hours: Typically, this role is Full Time over 4 or 5 days, (40-hour working week) however we offer flexibility around the standard pattern. Saturdays mornings (8.30 am - 12.30 pm) are 1:3 with no OOH. Part-Time applicants will also be considered.
You will be working closely with their Head Vet and the Practice Principal to ensure that core values are met and to provide gold-standard care to all patients who come through the door.
This role provides a varied caseload that will allow you to develop your skills, along with the help and support of the Head Vet.
The opportunity to perform surgery will be accommodated on a rotational basis and time is allocated for admin on a daily basis which allows you to concentrate on your patients during consult time without the pressure of needing to squeeze admin in between.
Sole Charge: TBC
Branch Work: No
Applicant Requirements: The ideal candidate would have post-graduate experience however their Head Vet is happy to mentor those who are wanting to professionally develop their knowledge/skills. Both Full Time and Part Time applicants are welcome.
Salary: They are offering a salary of up to £60,000 p/a DOE
Benefits: Excellent Package that includes -
• 6.6 weeks number of holidays including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 per annum CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -062022-25466
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details