Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Romford, Essex
Type: Small Animal
Location: Between Romford and Ilford in Essex
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They have a wide range of equipment: direct radiography, ultrasound, dental radiographs, endoscopy equipment, laparoscopy, large in house lab, k laser, hydrotherapy, a modern consult building with separate cat and dog waiting rooms, a separate hospital building that is soon to go under refurbishment to allow multiple theatres and both indoor and outdoor staff areas to enjoy your lunch breaks.
Team: This practice has an established and generous support staff team including a regional support manager, clinical director, practice manager, and lead receptionist overseeing a large team of RVN’s, SVN’s, PCA’s, and receptionists who form a welcoming and experienced group of people. They are currently a 9 vet practice and each vet brings their own set of skills to the team. The team of vets is very supportive and enjoys sharing their skills with their peers and is always open to learning new techniques.
Role: This practice is a continuously evolving, multi-vet practice that is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to work closely with their Clinical Director to deliver a high standard of veterinary care to all of their patients.
Hours: Hours are on a full-time or part-time basis. Fixed-term contracts can also be arranged.
- Full-time hours: 40-hour week: a 4-day week with 1:3 weekends.
- Out of Hours (OOH) covered externally.
- Share of on-call for in-patients only.
- They are looking for a vet with 2 years+ experience and a keen interest in all areas of small animal first opinion work.
- Career progression opportunities are available dependent on experience.
- They have opportunities for vets to undertake certifications as they have a high SA and exotics caseload so interests in small animal surgery, internal medicine, ophthalmology, diagnostic imaging, and exotics are most welcome.
Salary: £38,000 - £55,000 p/a depending on experience
- No OOH emergency work.
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays plus birthday day off
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS membership
- £1500 CPD allowance with 3 days off to attend (higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Employee assistance program
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
Their philosophy is to provide compassionate and high-quality veterinary care and to reinvest in facilities and teams. They are client-focused, progressive, and professional.
Ref: JN -022022-24043
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details