Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Selby
Type: Small animal
Location: Selby, North Yorkshire
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: Modern, reliable, and well-maintained equipment including digital x-ray, a brand-new ultrasound suitable for both abdominal and cardiac scans, flexible endoscopy, K-laser, multiparameter monitoring machine, and doppler blood pressure. They have separate species wards and are proud to be a cat-friendly clinic. They also have a separate bereavement room to ensure a pet’s final visit is as peaceful as possible. The practice was refurbished recently and is beautifully light and airy with a huge staff room and a separate vet office for case research and phone calls. At the branch practice, they undertake consults and routine surgery, and the staff enjoys working at this smaller practice from time to time and building close relationships with the clients. Patient safety is a priority, and all brachycephalic breeds or higher-risk patients undergo anaesthetics and surgeries at the main hospital to ensure sufficient staffing levels during the postoperative period.
Team: You will be joining an experienced, talented, and friendly team who prides itself on having a positive and inclusive culture. Communication is prioritised, with regular team meetings and full practice meetings to ensure everyone feels included, empowered, and heard. They have a vet working towards her certificate in diagnostics imaging, a nurse with a feline diploma, and another nurse working towards a behavior qualification. They also have a receptionist who has completed bereavement training and offers support to clients who are saying goodbye to their pets.
Role: This role will entail a mix of consults and surgical cases; however the clinical duties and rota pattern can be tailored based on your professional interests. They aim to create a work/life balance that suits your lifestyle and work collaboratively as a team to ensure the best standards of care for the clients. You will work closely alongside the other vets, benefitting from outstanding nursing support across the board in the recently extended and upgraded premises with a great range of equipment.
Applicant Requirement: The perfect fit for the team will be an enthusiastic and compassionate Veterinary Surgeon with a passion for client care equal to their natural clinical drive. The ability to work well within a team, communicate effectively and practice good medicine is essential for this role. They actively encourage further development, complex case discussions, and teamwork within the team.
Hours: Rota patterns that work for you! They offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. They can offer flexibility that actually works for you. A full-time role would be based on 4 days per week (working 9.00 am to 6.30 pm) plus 2 Saturdays in 5 on a rota basis (9.00 am to 4.00 pm). They do not cover their own out-of-hours care, so no nights or Sundays are involved at all.
- A salary of up to £75,000 DOE
- Relocation support of up to £5000.
- Complete flexibility with hours/duties, this is an excellent chance to create the perfect role for you
- The opportunity to work within a close-knit family-like team.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 5 weeks annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday is a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
Ref: JN -052023-28768
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details.