Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Ipswich
Type: Small animal
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: A great modern practice based in a pretty Suffolk market town. Well equipped including digital X-rays and soon dental X-rays, a range of endoscopes and an arthroscope, multiparameter anaesthetic monitor, and therapeutic laser.
Team: There are a wealth of experienced Vets and Nurses who all enjoy supporting the current grads (Y1 and Y2). The nursing team is fantastic, experienced, welcoming, and supportive. Staff wellbeing is one of their top priorities, they are currently training a practice mental health first aider, they encourage mentoring, love to socialise together, have regular meetings and reviews to support the staff in their careers, and are working towards becoming a "Positive Pawprint Partner.”
Applicant Requirement: We are looking for a new Graduate Veterinary Surgeon, eligible to register with the RCVS.
Hours: Your normal hours of work are 42 hours per week, 4 days a week including 1 in 3 Saturday mornings. Monday to Friday between 8 am and 7 pm, with one rest day per week.
Salary: Year 1 salary of £34,000 increasing in year 2
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- No financial tie-in
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health and wellbeing – you’ll get free eye tests and a discounted gym membership.
- ‘Pawsome’ benefits and rewards scheme, plus a great discount on pet care
- Employee assistance program - we all have times in our lives when we need a little extra support, which is why they offer a comprehensive employee assistance program, including access to support.
- Professional memberships – they cover the cost of your RCVS renewal fees and other memberships.
Ref: JN -052023-28748
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details.