Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Southampton
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Role: Our clients are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our wonderful team You’ll have the odd shift at one of the other sites when cover may be needed, these sites are in Southampton and Ashurst. You’ll have a good balance between consulting and operating on a weekly basis with a varied caseload. There may be some occasions when you’ll have to work in sole charge, so they would welcome someone who has this type of experience.
Facilities: The practice is equipped with digital X-ray, in-house haematology and biochemistry including SDMA, T4, and other extended panels, endoscopy, ultrasound and echocardiography, capnography, tonometry, and ECG.
Applicant Requirements: At least 1 year qualified as some sole charge. MRCVS. Interest in learning and progressing clinical abilities is a must.
- Typically, the full-time position is 40 hours per week, spread over 5 or 4 days with a mix of earlies and lates (the latest finish is 7 pm).
- Saturdays (finish at 12.30 pm) are 1in5 and there is no OOH.
- However, we know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and they want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance.
- Whether you need to do the school pick-up, need reduced hours during school holidays, or would simply like a more flexible rota pattern, they can look to fix or flex their patterns to suit you. They would also welcome part-time applicants.
Salary: Up to £70,000 p/a DOE
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250CPD allowance
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -022023-27895
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details